Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 21 July 2014

Shoe Crush Monday- JuJu Jellies review (pastel pink)

Hi!

If you follow me on Instagram, you may know that I've had my eye on a pair of Jellies for quite some time. A few days ago I took the plunge and purchased some JuJu Jellies in a pastel pink shade. So far, I'm very impressed with them!



As I was born in the last year of the 90s, I didn't manage to own a pair of these, although I'm really glad they've come back into fashion! Surprisingly, they are extremely comfy both with and without socks on- I feared the rubber may be quite uncomfortable but its very flexible and does't rub against your feet like you would expect. The buckle means that you can tighten them up and this ensures a very comfortable fit. However, one disadvantage of these is that although they are very comfortable and make you want to wear them all the time, when wearing them out, the light shades lends for them to get dirty and the soft material is quite easy to scuff. Despite this, they are very easy to clean with a cloth and some cold water if you do get them dirty. This will not be a problem if you buy a different colour such as black.


At just £20, I feel they are quite steep for a pair of jellies, although the quality is definitely noticeable in comparison to some of the cheaper styles on the market. I purchased my JuJus from Office as it was the only shop I could find which sold the pastel colour I wanted. There are, however, many other shops that sell other colours such as Topshop, ASOS, Schuh and American Apparel. When doing some research online, I found that each of the shops offer different colours so it's worth looking at all of their websites to make sure the shop sells the colour you want.


Outfit wise, I think they are very versatile as they are quirky and can add a little extra lift to your outfit. Originally, I was going to go for a black as this seemed an obvious choice that would go with pretty much anything. However, after I saw the pastel colours, I fell in love with them! Due to the fact most of my clothes are pastel and light, I figured this colour would also be able to go with most of them.



Overall, I think that these are a really nice pair of shoes and I'm so happy that I bought them! I know that they aren't everyone's cup of tea but, if you put them with the right outfit, they can look really pretty. I can't wait to try them out properly on holiday to see how they wear and put them with some of my favourite outfits…

Thanks for reading,

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment